Potato Planting the no dig way – Cooking ideas – Spanish Omelette Recipe
Growing Plot Workshop … Potato Planting
Cooking Pot Workshop … Recipe Ideas
Recipe: Spanish Omelette
- 500g new potato
- 1 onion preferably white
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices. Chop 1 onion.
- Part boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes in a pan of water. That way they do not take so long to fry and use less oil
- Heat 150ml extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and cook gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft enough to poke a fork into.
- Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside).
Beat 6 eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan.
- Tip everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes.
Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
We hope you have enjoyed these workshops. There are some more resources to come! Look out for the next workshop.
Thank you to Learn Devon for funding the Family Workshops and Growing Plot Project
Thank you to Okehampton United Charities for funding our education and community program of activity