Gluten Free Pizza has been created by Sara from the Harvest Workers Coop!
Gluten Free Pizza
Gluten-free pizza fully loaded with loads of veg for a healthy treat. You can of course change toppings to whatever you’ve got at hand that would work on a pizza. Nasturtium seed pods are used here as an alternative to capers, they are not needed of course but if you have nasturtiums in the garden, this is a nice use for the seed pods, adding a bit of crunch and spiciness to the pizza. Yum, yum, yum…..
- 100 grams chestnut flour
- 100 grams pea flour
- half glass water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Half Tbsp tomato paste
- Mixed herbs of choice I like oregano and parsley
- 1-2 Onions white or red
- Red pepper
- Mushrooms of choice I use chestnut and shiitake mushrooms
- 50 gram rocket
- Handful of olives
- Mozzarella or Goats cheese
- Nasturtium seed pods! optional
- Mix the flours, sea salt and water to make the dough and spread onto an oiled baking sheet. Put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the base is in the oven, prepare the sauce in a pan, mixing the passata with tomato paste and herbs and cooking on low for a few minutes until it thickens up a bit.
- Take base out of the oven and spread the tomato sauce across the base with a spoon.
- Cut up all toppings and place all (except rocket) on top of sauce in your order of preference and add a good swirl of olive oil.
- Place in oven for 10-15mins. Take out and add rocket. Serve with a nice mixed salad.