Growing the Seasons
GROWING THE SEASONS IN OKEHAMPTON is a community photography project open to everyone interested in celebrating a year of changes in the natural world and in our growing spaces. A monthly gallery of photographs, both online and in the Harvest shop, will be created from your contributions culminating in an end of year calendar featuring the best images. Get snappin’ folks!!
If you interested please drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the Harvest Farm Shop in Okehampton’s Red Lion Yard. We will send you all the information you need to take part. We would love to hear from you.
HOW IT WORKS
Contributors join the project through the shop or online at the website and receive an email address to send the images to. Contributors can also bring printed images to the shop.
The gallery is curated by Harvest and Guy Cracknell to ensure that the images follow the project guidelines. Each monthly gallery will be displayed through the Harvest website and on social media. It will also be running as a slideshow in the Harvest Farm Shop. Printed images will be displayed in the shop and on the community notice board.
At the end of the project images will be chosen for inclusion in a printed calendar.
- Images remain the artistic property of the photographer but the photographer gives Harvest the right to use the image online and in print as part of the project.
- Images should not include identifiable faces
- Images should have a focus of the natural world and seasonal change. They can either have a “nature” or “cultivated growing space” space
- Photographers should only submit a maximum of 3 images a month.
- All images will need a caption.
- Photographers will need to register for the project and give a user name and indicate which age band they are in. For funding purposes photographers will need to indicate if they live within the area Okehampton and Okehampton Hamlets.
Download the information sheet here