Education: Learning, Sharing, Exploring
The Harvest Worker’s Co-op is not only about a shop packed with Good Mood Food. We aim to explore the is-sues and practicalities that surround the food we eat, ranging from discussions on food sovereignty, health and nutrition to the creation of sauerkraut and raised beds!
All of this in a way that is approachable and accessible for everyone of all ages and backgrounds.
Look out for engaging information in the shop, explorations of food and farms and events out in the community!
We will be running regular events in and around Okehampton. Here are just a few examples:
- Talks relating to farming, animal welfare, food security, landwork, wildlife and more…Farm visits and producer open days
- Workshops on nutrition and food preservation
- Interactive and hands-on growing lessons
- Cooking sessions and demonstrations (e.g. Sourdough, fermentation)
- Film screenings
- Seasonal and harvest celebrations!